University: Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering Centre, Nottingham Trent University
Reporting Conference: ICAESEE 2015
Topic: Development of a Zero-emission Technology for Waste Heat
Brief introduction of research:
Daizhong Su is Professor of Design Engineering with responsibilities of coordinating research in product design subject area, and Head of Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering Centre at Nottingham Trent University, UK.
Technologies for sustainability is one of his major research areas, including eco-design, sustainable production and consumption, renewable energy, and sustainable buildings. In the last three years, he has conducted four large international projects of sustainability supported by the European Commission, with grants of about 8 million Euros, involving more than 20 partner teams across Europe.
His other research areas include engineering/product design, mechanical transmission, integrated manufacture, and Internet technologies, including big data, wireless computing, grid, Web services and their application in Engineering. He has conducted 15 collaborative research projects supported by research grants from the European Union, UK government and research councils, industries and international programmes.
He has published more than 220 refereed research papers, two registered European community designs, and has been the finalists of the 2014 awards for ‘Best Recycled Product’ and ‘Energy efficient product of the year Lighting’.
His major international commitments include
• Chairman of Gearing and Transmission Technical Committee, the International Federation for the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science (IFToMM), the largest and prestigious international academic association in the subject area, consisting of 48 territory and nation organisations across the world.
• Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Design Engineering published by Inderscience,
• A guest editor of special issues for seven refereed international journals.
• Reviewer of research grant applications for UK research councils, UK Technology Strategy Board, Research Grants Council of Hong Kong, Academy of Finland, and Natural Science Foundation of China.
• Founder and Chairman of the International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacture (ADM), and there have been five conferences in the series (ADM2006, ADM2009, ADM2010, ADM2011 and DM2013). All papers of the last four ADM conferences were published in ‘Key Engineering Materials’, a scientific journal indexed by EI, ISI and other major indexing media; extended post-conference papers were published in five EI and SCI indexed journals.